On this page:
- Subtitle (.srt) files for Dominion
- How to view the downloaded film with subtitles
- Translate subtitles into another language
Subtitle (.srt) files for Dominion.
|Language||Added / updated||Credit / note|
|Bosnian||2018-08-09||Translated by Jasmina Redzepagic, [email protected], and [email protected]: V.B. Borjen, Selma Puzic, Vedran Pavlovic, Aida Gavric, Rijad Memic, Alija Osmic and Lejla Sadinlija|
|Bulgarian||2019-02-17||Translated by Svetoslav Chekelev, Member of CAAI (Campaigns and Activism for Animals in the Industry)|
|Catalan||2021-08-19||Translated by Ricard Soler Roger|
|Chinese (Simplified)||2018-08-09||Translated by Grace Han (Towards A Compassionate Nation (TACN))|
|Chinese (Traditional)||2019-03-06||Translated by Hsiu-Nien Shen|
|Croatian||2018-08-09||Translated by Vesna Bacic <[email protected]>|
|Czech||2018-08-24||Translated by Nikola Hurychová/Platforma8.org|
|Danish||2018-11-22||Translated by Iben Pastell-Andersen|
|Dutch||2018-08-09||Translated by Helena Kuijsten|
|English (for translation)||2021-07-22||
Includes quotes, credits and other hard-coded subtitles, to aid translation
|Finnish||2020-02-05||Translated by Sami Arho, Siiri Pajunen and Katja Rossi|
|French||2018-08-09||Translated by Helena Kuijsten|
|French (alternate)||2018-08-09||Translated by Dee <[email protected]>|
|German||2018-08-09||Translated by Pia Frische (Organiser - Anonymous for the Voiceless)|
|Greek||2018-10-10||Translated by Tina Petritsopoulou|
|Hungarian||2018-12-21||Translated by Hungarian Vegan Association|
|Icelandic||2018-11-22||Translated by Benjamin Sigurgeirsson and Birkir Steinn Erlingsson|
|Japanese||2018-08-09||Translated by Airi Kanazawa / Shingo Okada|
|Korean||2019-04-28||Translated by Young-Taek Seo for [Be Veg, Go Green 2 Save the Planet] and [Be Vegan, Make Peace]|
|Lithuanian||2022-08-29||Translated by Anonymous|
|Norwegian||2021-10-22||Translated by Selma H.F.|
|Persian||2021-07-22||Translated by Mohsen Shadmani, [email protected], Web:www.veganzist.com - in memories of Amir Shabgir|
|Polish||2018-08-09||Translated by Bartosz Witański (Poland for Animals)|
|Portuguese||2018-08-09||Translated by Bernardo R Feitosa <[email protected]> (Frente de Ações pela Libertação Animal (FALA))|
|Portuguese (Portugal)||2019-02-14||Translated by Lisbon Animal Save|
|Romanian||2018-08-09||Translated by Cristina Cojocea (F.R.E.E. / Vegan in Romania)|
Refined 22 April 2019
|Slovenian||2018-12-23||Translated by Slovenian Vegan Society|
|Spanish (Latin America)||2018-08-09||Translated by Jacqueline Guzmán and Nicolás Fassi|
|Spanish (Spain)||2018-08-09||Translated by Aula Animal|
|Swedish||2021-06-07||Translated by Shahin Mameghani|
|Turkish||2019-03-15||Translated by the Vegan Association of Turkey|
How to view the downloaded film with subtitles
Note that the subtitles are not embedded in the downloaded video file, you will need to download the subtitles separately from the relevant link above.
If using VLC Media Player, after opening the film, you can right-click the player window and select Subtitle > Add Subtitle File, then browse for and select the subtitle file you've downloaded.
If not using VLC, ensure the film and subtitle are in the same folder, and that they share the same filename, e.g. Dominion.mp4 and Dominion.srt. The subtitles should then automatically be included when playing the film in any other video player software.
Translate subtitles into another language
If you'd like to broaden the reach of the film by translating the subtitles into another language:
- First, make sure subtitles for that language don't already exist, by checking the above table and the subtitle options on the Youtube copy of the film.
- Downloaded the latest English subtitles as an SRT file from here. If needed, the film can be downloaded here.
- Either make a copy of the English subtitle file, or edit it directly. SRT files can be created/edited using any basic text editing software, such as Notepad (Windows) or TextEdit (Mac), or specialised subtitle software such as SubtitleEdit, which was used to create the original English subtitles. SubtitleEdit allows you to import the video file so that you can check the timing of the subtitles, although this shouldn’t be necessary.
- Each subtitle has 3-4 lines: a number from 1 to 1118, the start and finish time for that subtitle to appear, and the subtitle text over 1-2 lines:
00:01:04,550 --> 00:01:07,287
Most people consider
themselves animal lovers.
- Change the wording to your language, leaving the subtitle number and timing as is.
- Please provide the translated subtitle file as an SRT to [email protected]. Let us know how you'd like it credited in the above list. It will also be added to the Youtube copy of the film.
Thank you! We really appreciate your efforts.